Basically, the Title Explains What you Will Learn in this Tutorial: Test your Web-Hacking Skills on your Machine. DVWA stands for Damn Vulnerable Web Application. It supports these types of hacking:
- Command Execution
- File Inclusion
- SQLi (Blind)
- XSS Reflected
- XSS Stored
- Much More
So, let’s start creating our “Hacking Lab”!
– Download a Web Server that includes PHP, Apache and MySQL. (Suggestions and Links at the End of the Tutorial)
– Let’s say that your Web Server’s root folder is /web/htdocs .
– Download and Paste DVWA at that directory.
– Start your Web Server.
– Open your Favorite Web Browser and type at the address bar:
127.0.0.1 or localhost.
– Next, select the DVWA folder when the “Index of /” Appears.
– Create the Database. (The default username is ‘root‘ and the default password is ‘password‘)
– You are now logged in your “Hacking Lab”.
– Good Hacking! 😀
– Web Server: XAMPP
– DVWA Website: http://code.google.com/p/dvwa/
Do NOT upload DVWA to your REAL Website Hosting Server because it is indeed Damn Vulnerable!