It’s unbelievable but true! All iOS 5 Betas (1-5) have been tethered jailbroken with redsn0w!
All you have to do is to download the .ipsw of the latest iOS 5 Beta, the iTunes 10.5 and redsn0w 0.9.8b2 (Links Below!)
Unfortunately, iPad 2 is not jailbroken yet on iOS 5… (The only jailbreakable iPad 2 firmware is the 4.3.3 with Jailbreakme.com)
You shouldn’t start setting up your device before you jailbreak it with redsn0w 0.9.8b5!
Read how to jailbreak your iDevice with redsn0w here…
So here are the steps on how to install iOS 5 beta 5 to your iOS device:
- Download iOS 5 beta 5 and iTunes 10.5 beta 5 (links below…)
- Enter DFU Mode
- Restore with SHIFT+Click (on a PC) or OPT(alt)+Click on a Mac
- Jailbreak using redsn0w and iOS 5 Beta 5
- Don’t reboot yet! Download iPhone Explorer on a Mac and WinSCP on a Windows and find the following file on your iDevice: /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist
- Open this file with a Text Editor or a Plist Editor and Delete these lines: <key>ReleaseType</key>
- Now reboot using redsn0w (Just boot tethered right now!)
- You can now start using iOS 5 beta 5
Unlockers should stay away from iOS 5 Beta Versions!
iOS 5 Beta 5:
iTunes 10.5 Beta:
RedSn0w 9.8b4 (Windows) – http://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_win_0.9.8b4.zip?a…
RedSn0w 9.8b4 (Mac) – http://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_mac_0.9.8b4.zip?a…